Constructed during the 24th year of King Injo during the Yi Dynasty
(1646), the Choyang Pavilion, built at about the same time as the Wibong
Gate, can be found in the area of Woodoo Mountain.
The Pavilion was moved to the Woodoo Mtn. by the Japanese during
the colonial period so as to destroy its cultural significance. The
Pavilion was partially destroyed during the Korean War and restored in
1955. The roof was repaired in 1960 and 1969, and the structure was
repainted in 1963 and 1969, respectively.
360 VR AR & MR